The European Investment Fund, (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Mandate Management Department (MM) - initially at its headquarters in Luxembourg and thereafter, if required, in Rome, a:
(Senior) Regional Mandate ManagerAppointment will be made on the basis of a fixed term contract of three (3) years.
The incumbent will contribute to business development, management of existing relationships and implementation of transactions under mandates entrusted to the EIF in Southern and Western Europe, with a primary focus on Italy, as well as preparation for the future EU programming period (InvestEU) and other potential new initiatives.
The successful candidate will functionally report to the EIF Chief Executive and be administratively attached to the Head of Division Southern and Western Europe in Mandate Management and will work in close cooperation with other EIF services as well as with the EIB and the European Commission.
- Support the development of the national ecosystems dedicated to the promotion of innovation and entrepreneurship (e.g. incubators, accelerators, business angels, tech transfer organizations, seed and early stage VC funds);
- Participate in the overall business development efforts in Southern and Western Europe, with a particular focus on Italy, by contributing to the development of a network of contacts in the local financial community, the European Commission, associations and chambers of commerce & industry, the relevant EU Member States and regions in order to foster and market EIF’s mandates;
- Establish, maintain and develop contact and relationship with external parties entrusting resources to EIF, as manager under EFSI, Structural and National Funds and, going forward, InvestEU;
- Contribute to the negotiations of equity, guarantees or other financial instruments in coordination with other EIF services;
- Support due diligence and, in the event of any restructuring and/or contractual modifications, execute operational processes to ensure the effective implementation of the transactions;
- Participate in horizontal tasks across the EIB Group going, when required, beyond the strict boundaries of own domain, in order to facilitate the execution of relevant business needs.
- University degree, preferably at postgraduate level, in Finance/Economics/Law or a related subject;
- At least five (5) years' relevant professional experience in a similar position;
- Proven track record in deploying equity and quasi-equity instruments would be a considerable advantage;
- Prior experience - and understanding of- financial engineering techniques through the use of EFSI or EU structural funds, as well as management of contacts with state or local authorities, particularly Italian, would be considered a plus;
- Fluency in English and Italian, both written and spoken. Knowledge of other EU languages would also be an advantage.
- Team-working and pioneering spirit;
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills;
- Sense of responsibility, organisation and initiative;
- Clearly demonstrated track record of performance and achievement in a fast paced, complex and internationally orientated environment;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Proven solving approach.
Deadline for applications: 3th June 2019
- Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.