Location:Prague, 108, CZ
Group Company: Deutsche Börse Services sro
Full-time | Permanent
For our Product Organization "Data" we are looking for a dedicated Database and System Administrator for our globally leading market data systems, index calculation systems and regulatory reporting systems. Product “Data” provides technology enabled services helping clients to digitize their businesses and navigate financial markets with increased agility and insight. By extracting and deploying the right information at the right time, data is transformed into value.
Field of activity
Your responsibility within the Data product team will be the operation and development of our Oracle and MySQL database landscape – physical, virtual on premise and in the cloud.
Curious and self-learner, you will automate all processes within this field of responsibility using state-of-the-art instrumentation - thereby ensuring a stable production. You are encouraged to propose new methods for operations and deployments – and even management – demonstrating new technological advancements and what they could offer to our product.
In our Data product team, we strive to keep up a start-up mentality with technology-driven people that are part of the decision process – reshaping and improving the future of our product.
- Daily operation of the Data databases
- Design new solutions in a team with the application developers and system administrators
- Automatic deployment of the database configuration
- Maintain and ensure high-availability of the databases (through clustering or stand-by hosts).
- System lifecycle management capacity and performance management.
- Continuous improvement and automation of processes for both operation and deployment activities.
- Operation includes early/late shifts (7:00 / 20:00) and on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 2-3 shifts or on-call duty per month might be expected).
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in Database Administration in a highly critical environment
- Expertise in Oracle and/or MySQL (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: RedHat Linux, AWS, Docker, Veritas Cluster Server, Ansible
- English language (intermediate)
Following skills would be a plus
- Experience with both Oracle and MySQL Database is an advantage
- German language (intermediate)
Dedication, team and communication skills, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile. There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, attractive social benefits, an international working environment and a broad variety of career opportunities. Applications from disabled persons are welcome.
Are you interested in working with a pleasant and very dedicated team? Convince us with an appealing application. Please use our online application portal.
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resourceswww.deutsche-boerse.com