Would you like to apply your Engineering knowledge and great collaboration skills to help shape elements that will ensure great play experiences for children across the world?
Then grab the opportunity to join an innovative environment where we explore technical solutions for exciting new products.
In the role as mechanical engineer, you will join 13 colleagues in the NED Front End department in Billund.
Our objective is to do technical risk mitigation on complex parts and assemblies; and at the same time support designers with technical sparring to strengthen the play value
Starting with a rough design brief, you ensure that the it is transformed into matured parts, ready for the technical design phase. As you do this, you will:
- Partake in briefs with the design team and other stakeholders to define project scope, timeframe and other aspects based on product ideas
- Translate ideas and rough designs into technical solutions and specifications for new functions and elements
- Verify performance and functional properties of technical solutions
- Ensure a successful handover of finished concepts and technical outlines to the team that will handle final execution
Quality achieved through collaboration
You will join a company that is curious and has the imagination to challenge the existing to bring about new innovative play ideas. We wish to make a positive difference for children, our partners, colleagues and the world we are part of. All of this influences the quality of our products. For us, quality means the challenge of continuous improvement – to create the best toy for children and their development as well as to be the best partner to our community and stakeholders. You become part of a cooperative and caring environment, where teamwork, collaboration and a project-oriented mind-set are of utmost importance.
Mechanical engineer with strong collaborations skills
You will be challenged on your ability to find simple solutions to complex design wishes. To be a success, you are aware of the effort needed to follow processes and standards to ensure high quality. With your structured attitude combined with an open-minded and creative mind-set, it is in your nature to balance solutions so that your colleagues from both creative and production departments feel comfortable and happy with the final solution.
- Are a mechanical engineer or similar with 3+ years of experience with 3D CAD construction of injection moulded parts (Preferably Siemens NX)
- Have experience with injection moulding and/or product development and design
- Have strong communication skills in English
Bringing it to life“This is an opportunity to work with the very early product development in a global project environment, where your knowledge ensures that design ideas can be transformed into producible LEGO elements. If you are interested in balancing creative and the engineering aspects of product development through close collaboration, then this is a great place,” says Jørgen Lyshøj Dam, Senior Manager, NED Front End.