Senior Statistical Programmer in Global Development
Does your motivation come from challenges and working in a dynamic environment? Is your ambition to create visible results? Are you enthusiastic about understanding the business and bringing attention to key business challenges? Then we might have the right position for you.
About the department
The Global Development, Global Service Centre (GD-GSC) Biostatistics and Programming Department was established in August 2010. The team has a good blend of experience and fresh perspective and comprises experienced statisticians and programmers, who form the core of the team. The main purpose & objective is to ensure high quality in preparing and conducting statistical analysis in accordance with the project milestones and provide statistical support and expertise to all clinical development activities within Novo Nordisk.
You will be responsible for statistical programming, review of Statistic Analysis System (SAS) programs in the designated clinical trial and for sharing better practices and use project and other programming standards. You will have to take responsibility for guiding and mentoring less experienced statistical programmers and peer-reviewing programs written by less experienced statistical programmers and be responsible for continuous development of own skills according to Individual Development Plan.
The Senior Statistical Programmer collaborates closely with the study group, often under strict deadlines. To do this, independence and initiative is necessary. The Senior Statistical Programmer also takes initiative and assists in solving and developing methodological or technically demanding tasks where innovation is a key element and the role requires an independent, committed and result oriented person, with a high focus on quality and on details. Furthermore, the role may include travelling to Global Development, Denmark. To facilitate these collaborations international experience and English skills on a high level is important.
The below knowledge, skills and experience will be required.
- BSc. or equivalent qualifications
- At least 4-6 years of experience working as a statistical programmer within the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience with SAS programming
- Extensive experience with reporting clinical trials, including statistical data handling, analysis and reporting
- Extensive experience with validation and documentation of programs
- In-depth knowledge of drug development
- Experience with clinical database technologies, data models and advanced programming
- Experience with collaboration across professional and regional borders
- Regular experience with communication and presentations
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems and IT
- Good knowledge of GxP and guidelines within drug development
- able to manage variable work load
- able to mentor less experienced team members
- good communication skills
- fluent in written and spoken English
- good presentation skills
- detail oriented
- having a focus on quality
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we have been changing diabetes since 1923. If you are ready to strengthen our position as an innovative pioneer and respected industry leader, we encourage you to join us to make the most of your talent. In exchange, we offer you the opportunity to work with extraordinary talent globally and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.
31 January 2019.
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronical diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.