Job available in 2 locations
- Job number 580008
- Date posted Mar 26, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Business Programs & Operations
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Are you passionate about helping Microsoft customers with Security and Identity? And are you equally passionate about helping Microsoft Services to envision, plan and deliver the right solutions to our customers based on their goals, challenges, and needs? Microsoft Services is looking for an experienced Security/Identity Subject Matter Expert (SME) ready to take on a lead role in the design and development of consulting solutions to drive the Security and Identity business for Enterprise Services worldwide.
Security and Identity play a key role in the world of cloud computing, mobility, social networking, digital transformation and Internet of Things.
ResponsibilitiesSolution Program Manager, Cybersecurity & Identity
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing key Services solutions to support the WW Services Cybersecurity & Identity Solution business in collaboration with Solution Portfolio Managers and the Secure Infrastructure Domain Chief Technology Office (CTO) organization. We are looking for a security thought-leader, who will demonstrate security technical leadership and who is able to apply industry and technical knowledge to develop Cybersecurity and Identity solutions that meet our customers needs.
Cybersecurity and Identity Solutions Program Manager
- Lead the design and development of approved Services Cybersecurity & Identity Solutions, working with the team’s Portfolio Managers to ensure the solution’s scope aligns with the business vision.
- You will collaborate closely with the Solution Architecture Office (SAO) in the Secure Infrastructure Domain to program manage the development of the prioritized Solutions – typically leveraging a Microsoft virtual team consisting of field SMEs.
- You will collaborate with other Domain Portfolio Managers, Solution Managers and Solution Architecture Office (SAO) teams to ensure Solutions are developed to maximize integration opportunities with other Domains, as appropriate.
- Apply Cybersecurity and Identity principles into all relevant offerings, solutions, and go-to-market approaches to support our customer’s digital transformation.
- Collaborate with the Secure Infrastructure Domain Solution Architect Office (SAO) to harvest field IP for reuse within Solutions.
- Drive Cybersecurity and Identity best practices and initiative awareness within the Cybersecurity and Identity team, and across the Secure Infrastructure and other Domains
Skills & CompetenciesThe ideal candidate will be dynamic, passionate, self-motivated, and confident in working with a diverse set of stakeholders from field engineers, consultants, architects, to field sales, and both the Services Domains and Worldwide Commercial Group (WCB) business leadership teams and must be very comfortable in a matrixed organization. The successful candidate must be driven to define and deliver complex solutions and cross-group programs to improve business outcomes. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, results-driven self-starter, able to work under pressure against deadlines, managing ambiguity and uncertainty into a specific plan and drive execution.
- Understand Microsoft Security Architecture and products, and be a security SME for integrated security solutions
- Ability to apply broad and deep knowledge of customer needs, to provide input on Solution strategies related to the WW Services Cybersecurity & Identity program
- Ability to lead others in projects, build rapport and establish credibility at all levels in Microsoft
- Ability to work independently and program manage Solution design and development under time constrained conditions with limited support
- Understands business objectives and plans accordingly. Critically reviews multiple plans and adjusts as needed in order to deliver on time and budget. Proactively communicates and addresses necessary trade-offs.
- Orchestrates plan completion across disciplines and stakeholders, and negotiates trade-offs as needed.
- Experience in presenting to executive audiences and explaining the benefits of Microsoft solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; skilled in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications – for example Solution scope, Customer proposal feedback and suggestions (e.g. how Solutions or Programs can support deals driven by sales, or Campaigns driven by marketing)
- Be the trustworthy story teller who can engage in an open conversation with the field, who understands business processes, their industry, and able to translate customer’s pain points/worries in your conversations to Microsoft Security strategy and offerings.
- Ideal candidate would have clearance to work US public Sector customers
Ideal candidates will possess most of the following skills:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Sales & Services field structures and programs
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant industry experience providing successful solution architecture and consulting, including pre-sales and delivery with enterprise customers
- Cybersecurity and Identity fundamentals across Microsoft on premises or cloud technologies (e.g., EMS, MIM, Azure AD, B2B, B2C, Azure Security Center, Threat Analytics capabilities, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS security principles, client security, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Security Risk, Privacy, and Compliance standards
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Recognized as a subject matter expert (SME) in Cloud security and Security risk management
- A BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
Microsoft ServicesMicrosoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.