Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
- Job number 548972
- Date posted Jan 24, 2019
- Travel 25-50 %
- Profession Business Development & Strategy
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Joining the One Commercial Partner (OCP) team as a Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners to capitalize on the $2.2 trillion-dollar Digital Transformation market opportunity by 2019 - a 60% increase since 2016. Working in OCP means you are shaping the world’s largest ecosystem of technology companies.
Microsoft’s Mission: Through our partners, Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products.
Overseeing Digital Transformation Success: The CSA plays a critical role in working with partners to provide deep Cloud Infrastructure technical support through solution build and first mile customer engagements including Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions (ADS).
The Role: The CSA is a Solutions Architect building relationships with partner technical and development resources designing and architecting new Cloud Infrastructure solutions on Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform and technologies. CSAs deliver value via a portfolio of service delivery engagements optimized to accelerate partner solution builds and first mile customer wins. This particular role focuses on recruiting and enabling the Dynamics 365 ISVs ecosystem growth.
A Solutions Architect: The CSA is a technology expert who stands out because of her or his deep solutions knowledge. They can go toe-to-toe with Microsoft’s engineering teams and blackbelts often surfacing product issues, feeding back data and insights that accelerate fixes and updates.
ResponsibilitiesEvangelist: Passionately evangelize Microsoft Azure and Dynamics capabilities to relevant partners. Convey technical and business benefits of partner solutions to customers and internal stakeholders (e.g., enterprise sales).
Technical Enablement Execution: Jointly develop technical enablement plan for partners. Lead and or contribute to the delivery of workshops, bootcamps, trainings necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partners.
Technical Engagement: Lead deep technical engagements including; Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, Hackathons to define, bring new solutions to market and support the partners development and presales teams.
Pre-Sales: Enable the partner on technical pre-sales skills while supporting initial partner’s wins.
Partner Skilling and Sharing Best Practices: Network and collaborate with Microsoft’s Engineering and other technical teams such as Global Black Belt team on specific skill requirements for partners and the sharing of best practices.
Technical Acumen: Understand technology trends and opportunities, compliance/risk issues by reading, attending webinars, conferences delivered by Industry thought leaders. Proactively invest into broadening and deepening their own technical readiness.
Technical Network: Invest in own LinkedIn Profile to promote value, experiences and expertise. Responsible for building an expansive Network of partner technical contacts and internal contacts including Engineering, Global Black belts, M&O and peer Architects.
The Participation Economy: Join the Participation economy attending Digital Transformation/Technology conferences like Build. Participates on technical panels and user groups and contributes with insights and work that is shared in communities such as MSDN and Channel9.
- 5+ years of professional experience in technology solutions/practice development, Cloud/Infrastructure technologies, and pre-sales.
- Business and/or Technical degree OR 6+ years of professional experience in business and/or technology-focused roles.
- Professional experience building sales relationships with CXOs (for example, CTOs) and/or practice-building executives in partner organizations.
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on partner practice building opportunities.
- 10+ years of related experience in technology solutions/practice development, Cloud/Infrastructure technologies, and pre-sales. Knowledge of Microsoft platform preferable, project management, technical Sales and technical account management.
- 5+ years of experience in D365 and the Power platform technology and ecosystem.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape and Microsoft unique value proposition.
- Proven track record in evangelizing diverse audiences.
- Proven track record of building deep sales relationships with CXOs and practice building executives in partner organizations
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management skills
- Global experience
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small technical audiences.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Business and/or Technical BS degree.
This role has flexibility to be based in multiple locations across the United States.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.