Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Job number 581542
- Date posted Feb 7, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Services
- Role type People Manager
- Employment type Full-Time
The Support Engineering Manager (SEM) is a people manager role and is accountable for a team of individual contributors that deliver technical support and empower customer self-help. The specific focus of the work group varies by business, technology cluster or customer scenario. In general, the focus involves managing the resolution of technical cases (both frontline and escalation) from Microsoft customers utilizing a variety of offerings. The overriding focus of this includes providing quality customer satisfaction (Customer and Partner Experience) in a cost efficient manner.
ResponsibilitiesRole specific guidance on how the following core priorities apply to the role, and role specific KPIs and targets are found in the
- Customer Success
- Modern, Digital Support
As a Support Engineering Manager, you will
- Manage and lead a diverse and inclusive team of Support Engineers and Support Escalation Engineers, with focus on team performance.
- Enable an environment in which people can do their best work, ensuring your team builds the customer focus, collaboration skills, technical expertise, agility and excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to support our customers effectively.
- Actively lead and enable our quest to ensure our people/teams reflect the diversity of our global customer base.
- Conduct employee assessment discussions, provide coaching, share feedback regularly and partner with employees on career development.
- Manage all aspects of customer support delivery, including daily operations, scheduling, meetings and addressing customer feedback.
- Foster a strong partnership between technical support teams and stakeholders in other parts of the business.
- Partner with global peers to ensure consistency and follow-through for global processes and coordination of resources
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing people
- working experience within customer support or technology industry
- English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
- Ability to manage high pressure situations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, management, business, or related fields experience is highly approciated.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, or any other protected status.