Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
- Job number 582629
- Date posted Feb 7, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Sales
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
The Consumer and Device Sales (CDS) organization within Microsoft works with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world.
The Partner Sales Executive – Reseller (Device Sales) provides sales leadership working directly with channel partners (Value added Resellers and System Integrators) to ensure assortment of curated devices aligned with Windows objectives, software and services, secure impactful thru partner marketing, aid in transforming the partners’ business models into areas such as Device as a Service, and provide operational support expertise to drive Microsoft’s strategy.
This role offers devices and services expertise to their reseller partners, creating robust sales motions across 3rd party Windows OEM devices, Microsoft Office and Server products to drive up partner profitability. This role will land critical 3rd party Windows OEM devices, Microsoft Office and Server value propositions and programs with their partners and will influence the device and services sales cycles through their partners to the Commercial end customers achieving Microsoft revenue, share and product mix targets.
The Partner Sales Executive – Reseller (Device Sales) partners closely with Microsoft’s One Commercial Partner team, Multinational and Local Device Partners and Distributors, and has a deep understanding of their partners’ strategic priorities and performance as it relates to the market and is accountable to drive thought leadership and control the sales conversation.
This role is accountable for helping their partners transform their business model into areas such as Device as a Service, among others, to enable the partner to grow their business.
Partner Engagement (50%)
- Leads engagement for Consumer and Device Sales products, including 3rd party OEM devices, as well as Microsoft software & services, partnering closely with the One Commmercial Partner team inside Microsoft.
- Defines the annual account plan aligned on joint strategic objectives to build a mutually beneficial business relationship.
- Works across Microsoft and the partner organization to bring together needed resources, investments and go to market programs to drive revenue, share and attach gains.
- Represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along
Drive Sales (50%)
- Drives 3rd party OEM device sales
- Drives short and long term software and services revenue goals
- Drives cloud adoption and consumption
- Builds partner capacity by working with the Strategic Device Reseller partner portfolio, from recruit to enable to grow
- Identifies the next set of partners to recruit and grow
- University degree required – MBA preferred.
- 8+ years relevant commercial experience in Technology Industry or Channel Partner Sales. Previous experience in devices sales and services with knowledge in marketing strategy is desired.
- Strong understanding of IT reseller channel business model incl. economics and profitability of Devices + Services
- Strong industry knowledge, including: devices (PCs, Tablets, Servers, Internet of Things, other form factors) and service models
- Proven success at business building (business/channel development, entrepreneur, change management)
- Executive maturity to develop strong relationship across all levels at Partner and Microsoft
Competence in analysis and data mining to drive insights, developing partner strategies and operational excellence
- Strong collaboration skills, able to lead and thrive in ambiguity with courage and risk taking
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.