Other, Other, Switzerland
- Job number 581740
- Date posted Feb 5, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building platforms, solution accelerators (with the IoT Suite) and SaaS offerings (IoT Central) to support a commanding share of the 20 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
As part of this, the IoT team is looking for an energetic Senior Program Manager to guide strategic engagements with major partner companies in the IoT field, including defining the technical integration plans and working with the IoT leadership team. This role requires technical depth, the ability to learn and understand everything we do, what our roadmap is, and have world class communication skills and drive. This is an opportunity to learn the full scope of what Azure IoT does and represent it well.
Successful candidates should have a proven track record of strong technical depth, excellent written and verbal communication skills, executive maturity both internally and externally, the ability to independently drive cross-group engagements, and familiarity with the tools and processes of cloud and device developers building hyperscale and highly reliable solutions.
- Implement strategic initiatives to enhance our alliance management capability that enables Azure to achieve its growth plan and gain a reputation as a premier alliance partner.
- Drive the technical engagement plans, working in partnership with engineering and leaders across the team
- Provide strategic advice on newly emerging Information Technology business models including Internet of Things (IoT)
- Develop a deep understanding of everything Azure IoT is doing and has planned, and able to deliver executive briefings on Azure IoT
- Passion for IoT – You must genuinely LOVE the industry and how Microsoft can play an important role in shaping the future – anything less just won’t do
- You work effectively with external partners and love the customer
- You are relentless in the pursuit of insight into how the product is doing in market - who loves it, for what scenarios and why
- In addition to being a great individual contributor, you care deeply about the cohesion and capability of the team as a whole.
- 5+ years of experience in program management or product management shipping enterprise/B2B products
- Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of cloud services
- Ability to deliver executive briefings to customers, strategic partners and analysts
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, similar engineering discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Proven experience with strategic partners and analyst relations
- Experience shipping cloud services
- Experience shipping developer, IT pro, or enterprise-oriented frontend UX
- Developer/coding experience
- Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning to drive Azure Consumption
- Ability to tailor presentations to different audiences
- Working knowledge of performing market analysis, competitive tear-downs and customer research to validate project priorities and direction.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. “You will be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter. Further details regarding this process will be provided in follow up correspondence.”
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.