Job available in 5 locations
- Job number 579840
- Date posted Feb 7, 2019
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Sales
- Role type People Manager
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft Technical Sales Managers build and lead teams of Technical Sales Professionals to identify and support the Business & IT goals of our customers. You and your team will then drive technical decisions at the customer, help them achieve Business value with the Microsoft Platform, and thereby secure long-term sustainable Growth for Microsoft. As an enterprise Technical Sales Manager, you will be a key contributor to helping reinvent productivity, building the intelligent cloud, and driving personal computing.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Technical Sales Manager, you will:
- Develop and lead an excellent, high performing technical sales team that helps customers make sound technical decisions and maximize the adoption and value of Microsoft’s Modern Workplace solutions
- Attract the best technical sales people from the market, develop talent, and work with individuals on career plans. Inspire, coach and manage the contributions of technical solutions professionals for the Modern Workplace portfolio, including Office 365, Enterprise Mobility & Security, Windows, Windows 10 Devices & Surface, and Secure Productive Enterprise solutions.
- Drive for in-depth knowledge of the industry’s IT technologies and competitors, and map relevant solutions to each industry and customer IT and Business needs.
- Support your team’s efforts to build deep skills on core technologies and broad knowledge of adjacent solutions.
- Encourage your team to collaborate on complex opportunities that require cross-domain solutions.
- Manage for technical and sales excellence to drive customer success and Microsoft growth
You will also:
- Use your strategic knowledge will lead your team to actively work with customers, to define clear technical decision criteria for all opportunities, and to develop plans that help customers deploy and consume our products and services. Your practical experience will increase deal velocity by assessing the progress of technical engagements at every stage, and by directing technical, architectural, and competitive issues to the appropriate channels.
- Use the team to actively address the technical and architectural issues that block customers’s technology decisions and usage.
- Escalate blockers and collaborate creatively with other field leaders, services & partners, as well as corporate business and marketing groups to ensure the technical needs and preferences of customers are heard.
- Inspire others to take positive actions by being a technical leader and effective influencer You will demonstrate Microsoft’s;s business value internally and externally by showcasing our technology innovations.
- Drive cross group experiences that support increased sales and consumption. Ensure that the team highlights Microsoft’s;s unique value propositions in comparison to top competitors’s; offerings.
- Encourage deep community participation and the importance of gathering and sharing customer insight.
QualificationsWho We Are Looking For:
- Technical Sales Leader Experienced.
- Bold. Strong experience leading and executing on Technology Visions preferred.
- Influencer. Ability to drive and influence Stakeholder across organizational boundaries through extremely strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- People Leader Recruiting. Demonstrated ability to build a healthy pipeline of great technical sales talents required.
- Coach. Proven experience developing a high-performance team through continuous coaching, and inspiration required.
- Energy Generator. Able to achieve and maintain high organizational health and satisfaction scores preferred.
- Business Manager Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required. Management excellence. Solid record of managing business operations and processes required.
- Scale engine. Experience working with partners and other technical resources preferred.
- Technology Thought Leader Passionate for technology. Constant and contagious desire to learn new technologies required.
- Customer Voice. Ability to identify new technical and business trends and needs, and serves as the customer’s voice into Microsoft required. Influencer.
- Experience inspiring others through technical leadership, personal influence, and status as a role model preferred.
Education Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration required. Master’s degree is an asset. Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling desired. Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture preferred.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft! Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.