25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays, allocated company car
Job Introduction:An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer in our Fire & Security Systems business team based in the Mansfield/Nottingham area. The job holder will be required to work 40hrs per week.
About G4SF&S - G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is the leading integrator of fire and security solutions with a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre for fire, security and location based services, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security
Government facilities. For more information visit: www.g4sfireandsecurity.co.uk
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
- Attend to calls for maintenance (on site and or by telephone) as directed by team co-ordinators
- Rectify all faults on the first visit where rectification is within your control.
- Carry out rolling programme of preventative maintenance visits.
- Collection/recording of site configuration information.
- Maintain car stock (spares) levels.
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Provide cover on an out of hour’s basis on a rotating basis.
- Commission small projects when required.
- Ensure that audits are carried out of quality procedures.
- Provide training to customers and colleagues as required.
- Carry out any additional tasks that may be required
The Ideal Candidate:Essential Requirements
- Current fire & security field service and installation experience
- Experience of servicing access control, CCTV, GENT fire systems and alarm systems
- A broad technical IT knowledge, i.e. Installing various Windows Operating Systems; networking etc.
- Any IT qualification and or Electrical/Electronic qualification
- Knowledge of basic electrical principals such as measuring voltage and current drain
- Good attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is correctly completed and procedures are followed within the allotted timescales.
- An enthusiastic team player who is able to work well under pressure and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Comfortable working irregular hours and being on a 24/7 call rota
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
- HND or Degree
- Previous Electro Mechanical experience
- Dealing with SQL databases or Oracle