Design and implement strategic Data & Analytics platform
We want to continue to be among the best in Denmark at Business Intelligence & Analytics
Data & Advanced Analytics is the center of data warehouse, management reporting, advanced analytics and omnichannel communication to customers in TDC Group. We cover the entire supply chain from data source to delivering complete solutions. We play a central and innovative role in converting data to insights for the business and for customer solutions. We have established a modern platform for Data & Analytics, and you will probably not be able to find another Data & Analytics team in Denmark spanning more diverse tasks than us. You are going to help us become even better.
An opportunity to learn in a role central to Data & Advanced Analytics
We are looking for a DBAs with developer skills and a great interest in tuning and optimization. You will support operations, developers and the business with a variety of challenges and tasks. You should also help with further developing the entire platform we call The Analytical Factory. Our Analytical Factory is based mainly on the SQL Server stack, SAS, and Cloudera, Azure and open source tools like Kafka for data streaming.
Day to day, you will make code run faster, build best practices, train co-workers, optimize platforms, handle security issues, and deal with (cross-)platform problems. You will contribute to an even better architecture and infrastructure, work with internal and external peers and help us utilize our platforms to their highest potential for the best user experience and stability.
Your primary tasks are:
- Responsibility for the architecture
- Classic DBA tasks on various platforms
- Describe best practices and assist developers with implementation of same
- Identifying and solving performance issues
- Working with our security model making sure data is safe
- Analyzing platform problems and contribute to implement solutions
- Participating in projects for new functionality and for optimizing the existing environment
- Have detailed knowledge about infrastructure, platform configuration and DBA tasks.
- Have experience from a similar, large setup and a proven record working with one or more of the above platforms.
- Have experience with Windows Server and/or Linux.
- Are curious, and strive to expand your knowledge
- Are optimistic and prosper when challenged.
- Can work both independently and in teams and be structured about your tasks.
- Speak and write at least English fluently; Fluent in Danish is an advantage.
You will be part of a dedicated team platform architects and data engineers that has a broad set of skills and a wide variety of tasks, projects and people. We have high ambitions about being the best at what we do and are passionate about our work environment. You will get the opportunity to be a part of one of the most proficient Data & Analytics teams in Denmark – and you will be part of pave the ground for implementing the next generation of BI and Analytics. For the right candidate this will be position where you will be exposed to the full package of vendor based solutions, open source tools and tons of data and flow that has to continuously optimized.
Application and contact
We are interviewing candidates as of today, so send your application as soon as possible via the "apply now" button.
Place of work is Aarhus or Copenhagen, Denmark. If you have any questions, please address them to Head of Data Engineering Niels Mejer, +45 2331 7037.