Nolo is the nation’s leading provider of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce websites, books, online apps, and software. Since the company was acquired by Internet Brands in 2011, the Nolo brand has expanded to include legal websites in many topic areas.
We are looking for a lawyer with experience in estate planning to write and edit legal content for the public. We seek candidates with significant experience in forming and administrating wills and trusts, and in handling probate.
This role offers a nontraditional career in law and the opportunity for work-life balance. The editor will write and edit content for Nolo’s websites, update books and articles, and work on SaaS forms.
The applicant must:
- have a law degree from an ABA accredited law school
- have three or more years’ experience as a practicing attorney in estate planning, including will and trust formation and administration, as - well as probate
- have excellent writing and editing skills, particularly for a nonlegal audience
- be comfortable writing and editing online content
- work well with other people, be able to juggle several projects at once, and be able to meet deadlines
- be capable of supervising and managing the workflow of freelance writers
- be well organized and detail-oriented, and
- possess excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Word and Excel.
Applicants MUST submit a cover letter, a resume, and an example of writing intended for nonlawyers.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for almost 15 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
To apply, please visit: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARSDIRECT&cws=1&rid=1970
Internet Brands, Inc. and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Legal, Editorial, Editor, Web, Writer, Net, Internet, Online, Lawyer, Research, Internet Research, Jobs, Legal Editor