Role Purpose:As a Demand Planning Specialist, you will have a wide range of responsibilities that are grounded in maintaining product availability and identifying opportunities for improving stock efficiencies for your own portfolio of products.
You will work collaboratively with Account Managers, Product Line and Supply Chain to develop the volume forecast and manage ongoing stock and supply. Building strong relationships with key stakeholders will be paramount in this busy operational and analytical role, which will require strong prioritisation and influencing skills, attention to detail and a talent for problem-solving.
Sitting between the supply chain and the commercial teams, the Demand Planning Team play an essential role in the UK/IE Cluster, allowing the individual to gain an overview of the organisation, with development opportunities.
Key Operational Responsibilities:Monthly review of the 12-month rolling customer forecast in exceptions focussed volume planning meetings with Sales and Product Line Managers.
Presentation of the monthly volume forecasts for sign-off by key stakeholders including GM, Financial Controlling, Sales Heads and Product Line, highlighting discrepancies between forecast and budget/previous business call.
Contributing to the creation of the volume budget in the annual budgeting process.
Continuous update and alignment of forecast in SAP-APO/SNP to provide accurate data for the supply chain.
Proactive monitoring of products to identify critical items to ensure ‘best in class’ customer service, whilst actively preventing stock obsolescence through regular review of planned production and inbound versus target stock holding.
Management of phase in/phase out of products, ensuring launch dates are met and keeping customers in the stock of old products while minimising obsoletes
Internal communication of product availability, sharing information cross functionally UK/IE on risks and opportunities in supply.
Maintaining close contact with Supply Planning and Logistics to maximise service level to customers and increase efficiency
Critical Functional Skills:
- Strong analytical capabilities
- High attention to detail
- Talent for problem-solving
- High level of comfort in working with numbers
- Strong IT skills including Excel proficiency (pivot tables and vlookup)
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to influence others
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently but also contribute to the wider team
- Commercial acumen
- Innovative, bringing new ideas to drive the team forward
- Experience within Demand Planning / Supply Chain
- Background in the manufacturing industry
- SAP- APO knowledge or other planning tools
This role requires occasional travel within the UK and Europe