ELECTROLUX R&D Laboratory Food Preparation presents
Move to improve. Bring your ideas and expertise to life.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Laboratory Engineer works as part of the Electrolux R&D Laboratory Food Preparation team to ensure testing of key functionality and safety, compliance with technical standards (internal/external) and provide improvement proposals
The R&D Lab Engineer will drive innovation and new technology development globally. This role is focused on lab execution along with crafting a test methodology and providing product recommendations.
You will actively take part in the process of New Product Development by supporting the creation of a product design that fulfills company goals.
You will report to the local team Manager and work with an international cross-region team, especially with the USA.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
- Prepare of check plans (components, concepts, projects)
- Define relevant specifications and ensure testing on:
- Thermal and electrical safety according to internal/external standards, including preparation of relevant documentation
- Energy consumption
- Feature performance (eg. Front temp )
- Environmental impact
- Components/product reliability/Lifetime
- Components performance
- Support Platforms, Product Care and Technologies in relevant testing
- Ensure compliance with work environment and safety regulations
- Provide improvement proposals to platforms
- Ensure alignment on test methodologies with other Labs in PD Cooking
- Proper maintenance of test equipment according to ISO9000
- Passionate Electronic/Electromechanical Engineer.
Eager to develop your technical skills and competence in a global environment.
Team player. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should like to work in groups as well as on your own.
. You’re not just solving the tasks you are given, you always think ahead.
Your solutions are always realistic and doable.
. You react quickly and positively to changing environment.
Communicative. Whether face-to-face or on the phone you can rely information and listen to understand other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferably Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical engineering university background
- Processes – IPDP, EC
- Deep knowledge of EN standards
- Testing methodologies (DoE, statistical methodologies, CFD, Weibull analysis…)
- Knowledge of statistical approach, Measurements system, Design of Experiment (DOE, 6-Sigma)
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment, data acquisitions system, testing procedures and evaluations of results
- Deep product knowledge
- Testing and evaluation
- Previous experience as laboratory technician gained in medium-large companies
- Excellent English knowledge, written and spoken.