- The successful candidate will coordinate the R&D project team in an international environment related to food preservation.
- She or He will be responsible for the execution and the reporting of the respective projects in the given time frame, cost target and quality level.
- Drive the project's development.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
- New parts of a platform or subsystem projects leadership
- Validate new mechanical components/system taking care of its design and development (technical specification, functionality, reliability, manufacturability, safety, …)
- Design creation and release of mechanical components/systems within a time frame, cost target, quality level, process constraints, …
- Robust design tools using (CAD, CAE, FMEA, DFMA, tolerances analysis, … )
- Analysis of technical solutions with suppliers, factory and other involved functions
- Understand, change and create component / system design specifications / requirement / guideline.
- Identify and support standardization by ensuring that new development fits into the platform and subsystem structure
- Part or product approval: understand technical tests results to take a decision on design development and final approval for series production, verification, tests plans, approvals of OEM products
- Cost reduction plan, investments request creation, reference contact with suppliers of the project
- Reports in Check Point meetings/steering team meetings.
- Create products specification
- Organize tests or pilot serials with the production dept
- Supports technically the teams involved in the assigned projects
Additional responsibilities outside of standard job responsibilities:
- Create a strong relationship with all functions in the organization, to enhance the delivery of global targets.
- Support cross-functional processes to lead development projects.
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong knowledge of mechanical component and system development and design
- Strong structured and engineering approach during each development phase
- Strong CAE knowledge (mainly FEM structural). Fluid dynamic, dynamics, metal forming, moulding, thermal analysis is a plus.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and test results evaluation
- Strong knowledge of 3D design tool (CATIA is preferred)
- Experience as technical project leader in mechanics environments
- Basic knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
- Knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal forming, injection moulding, …).
- Experience in Design for Assembling and Manufacturing is a plus
- Team oriented and good communication skills
- Basically knowledge of Project management
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
- Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas
- Open minded
- Proactive approach and problems solving mind
- Ability to support the pressure