Director of Sales, ESP
Sports and Promotion | London, England, United Kingdom
ESP Properties are commercial and creative advisors to sports and entertainment rightsholders, seeking to maximise revenue from a range of rights and assets. ESP Properties underpins the value of rightsholder commercial programmes through a full range of services, including valuation, research and packaging strategies, as well as data, digital and content development to better understand audiences and to create more relevant ways to engage with them. ESP Properties will also bring such assets and properties to the market on a sales basis on behalf of rightsholder partners.
ESP Properties is a WPP Company, offering strong career prospects for an ambitious and driven individual. ESP Properties has offices in the Americas, Europe and Asia, and works with major rightsholders including the City Football Group, the New Zealand All Blacks, Cleveland Cavaliers and the England & Wales Cricket Board.
Primary responsibilities & requirementsYou will be:
- Required to drive sponsorship sales for a number of properties represented by ESP Properties. ESP represents a range of assets from stadium naming rights to clubs, leagues and federations, to digital media platforms
- Experienced in developing bespoke partnership solutions between brands and rightsholders
- Required to develop new and existing relationships with potential sponsor partners across a variety of sectors, categories and geographies
- Expected to have a single focus on identifying new leads and categories relevant to the property you are selling
- Expected to develop leads into opportunities and be able to successfully secure the opportunities for the commercial benefit of the rightsholder
- Able to provide leadership and knowledge of the commercial landscape within the EMEA and global sports and entertainment space to deliver additional value to clients through the constant evolution of ESP Properties knowledge, expertise and products
- Expected to attend and contribute at events and functions to source new leads and opportunities
- Expected to develop internal relationships within ESP, GroupM and WPP to cross-pollinate knowledge, products and services to clients across the group
- Able to produce compelling thought capital as part of an overarching marketing plan, and contribute to the documentation and development of best practice
- Responsible for maintaining all sales systems (including the proprietary ESP CRM system) and for reporting on a regular basis to rightsholder clients
- Expected to take a proactive role in presenting an update on sales approaches and strategy on the global ESP sales team call
- Strong academic background
- Engaging, open, team player
- Proven track record in monetising and selling commercial assets, representing a major brand, publisher and/or sports/entertainment property
- Proven high-level contacts at sponsor clients, as well as (ideally) media agencies and media owners
- Ability to monetise relationships by presenting new and compelling ideas to clients to drive innovative strategies
- Good understanding, of and interest in how digital can drive the commercial agenda
- Experience in successfully working within a digital environment is highly preferable
- Good understanding of the global media landscape and the importance of sport and entertainment to such platforms
- A creative and intelligent approach to independently creating business solutions and sales collateral (e.g. presentations) to bring these to life. Experience of Powerpoint etc advantageous
- Ability to speak at client events, challenging opinion with strong communication skills
- Experience in working within a multi-national and cultural environment on local, regional and global commercialisation projects
- Experience in working in a multi-agency environment would be an advantage
- Experience of, or a keen interest, in sport and the business of sport is welcomed
ApplicationsESP Properties offers an attractive benefits package including competitive salary plus health benefits plan.
ESP Properties is an equal opportunity employer.
« to Current Openings